Introducing your little one to a variety of flavors and textures is an exciting part of their culinary journey. This recipe for Mango Lassi with a Dash of Cardamom is a delightful and refreshing treat for your baby. With the natural sweetness of ripe mangoes and a hint of aromatic cardamom, this traditional Indian beverage offers a perfect balance of flavors. Let’s dive into the details and learn how to create this tropical delight!
Mango Lassi with a Dash of Cardamom:
Age Group: Around 8-10 months and older.
Recommendation: This recipe can be introduced to babies who have started consuming dairy products, such as yogurt, and have shown tolerance to fruits. At this stage, babies are more likely to appreciate the natural sweetness of mangoes and the creaminess of yogurt. The Mango Lassi provides a refreshing and nutritious beverage option, packed with vitamins, minerals, and beneficial probiotics from yogurt. Remember to adjust the consistency and sweetness to your baby’s preference and consult with your pediatrician if you have any concerns. Check out our unique recipes for this baby age group here.
1 ripe mango, peeled and diced: Mangoes are a delicious and nutritious fruit that babies tend to enjoy due to their natural sweetness. They are rich in vitamins A and C, dietary fiber, and antioxidants, making them a great choice for a healthy snack.
1/2 cup plain yogurt: Plain yogurt provides a creamy base for the lassi and adds a dose of calcium and probiotics, which promote healthy digestion and support a strong immune system in your little one.
1/4 cup water (adjust for desired consistency): The amount of water can be adjusted to achieve the desired thickness of the lassi. Some babies may prefer a thicker texture, while others may enjoy a thinner consistency.
A pinch of ground cardamom (optional): Cardamom adds a delightful aroma and a touch of warmth to the lassi. It is also known for its potential digestive benefits and may help soothe an upset stomach.
- In a blender or food processor, combine the diced mango, plain yogurt, and water. Blend the mixture until it becomes smooth and creamy. The mango should be completely pureed to ensure a smooth consistency.
- If desired, add a pinch of ground cardamom to the blender. The cardamom adds a subtle hint of flavor that complements the sweetness of the mango. However, if you’re introducing spices to your baby for the first time, you may want to skip this step and gradually introduce cardamom in future batches.
- Pour the mango lassi into a serving glass or a sippy cup. You can serve it immediately to enjoy the refreshing flavors, or refrigerate it for a short while to cool it down further.
- Adjust the amount of water depending on your desired thickness of the lassi. If your baby prefers a thinner consistency, you can add a little more water. Conversely, if a thicker texture is preferred, reduce the amount of water accordingly.
- If your baby prefers a sweeter taste, you can add a teaspoon of honey. However, it’s important to note that honey should be avoided for babies under one year old due to the risk of botulism.
Enjoy this delightful mango lassi with your little one, savoring the tropical flavors and nourishing their growing bodies with wholesome homemade treats.